Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm not late, you're lucky.

I'm a little annoyed.

This....'art that offends' essay business- apparently everyone has done tracey emin :( And muggins here is half way through an Emin quilt, painstakingly pricking her fingers as she goes, dragging up terrible memories in desperate need of a heart wrenching quote to sew down only to find out it's probably what about twenty other people are doing too?! I'm angry.
Come to think of it, most people don't know shit about the quilts and blankets and only pay attention to the bed and the tent. So I might be safe.
And again, come to think of it I think everyone will be comparing her with the works of The Chapman brothers and their, as one person put it, 'bad art' Zygotic Acceleration, because they can write more than 100 words about that. GOH. I'm very, very angry.

ALSO, our Richard. Richard Billingham is the other I am comparing:) He's a master, I love him. I don't know of anyone else who is doing Richard, so...Wendy will have something fresh to be mesmorised by. I don't think there's anyone who doesn't walk away with a distinction from our Wendy :)

I want to get back to my oh-so-painful quilt making, because it's charming and not as bad as I made it sound :).



Angry.

No comments: