Monday, November 03, 2008

Magpies.

Today, there were only around 6 of us partaking in lessons. The whole morning was filled with Darkroom antics with my favourite first year, and then I was left alone. I ate alone, developed alone, spoke alone and sat quietly alone. It was nice :)
I decided to take my alone time elsewhere, so I walked over to Worden. It was just lovely.
I sat with the ducks on the deck whilst I snipped at my prints, I sat on a bench and watched the dogs playing together and spoke to old men about their dogs.
Whilst I was walking there, Nicholas gave me a ring so I was feeling particularly friendly. It was lovely. An hour on the park with myself.

I get to annoy myself mostly. I think about silly things until I'm upset, but recently I have had nothing silly to think about. Or haven't let myself think about those things, so either way my good mood is safe :).

Tonight I am going to write a very striking essay on Richard Billingham and Tracey Emin, and have a brew with Nicholas. It should be warm because the park was very chilly, and I have a fire at home that I can snuggle up in front of.


Last night, in the bath, I spoke to Nicola Young! I am so glad to hear her voice again. She's nothing but a treat! :)




I only ever see the one magpie these days, but I don't feel it's bad luck. He's probably just looking for shiney things.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

A boy in my class spends a lot of time in the darkroom and one time he came into class late and the teacher said 'where have you been?' and he said 'the darkroom' and the teacher looked at him suspiciously and said 'I have! You can ask Kathryn!' and I thought that might have been you seeing as I don't know any other Kathryns :)
I sometimes sit in the park near the ducks on thursday and friday afternoons :) I've wanted to go with my friend Sophie for ages now but she's gotten into the habit of going home early :( so I end up annoying myself by thinking about silly things too haha