Wednesday, March 11, 2009

When I'm on trains

I almost always get spoken to by quite an interesting person or two, but not so interesting if they are drunk or smell bad. A while ago, it must have been January and I had been to Chorley pubs with Marcus. I was waiting for the train at 12:30 and an old man who drinks real ale started talking to me about phones and technology, and we got onto the subject of darkroom photography, he has lots to sell because he used to made enlargers as a profession! How interesting indeed. He said he would send me a book on darkroom photography and that I should go to a meeting held every third Tuesday in Barton or somewhere.
It took ages for him to send the book and I just got it! It's really nice :) His name is Ken I think. His handwriting is difficult to read, but it seems a charming letter and he has encouraged me to ask around if anyone would like to buy his equipment. Aww, thanks Ken, you're a keeper. I'm going to write back and ask him to send me some of his prints.

Today it is two months since Marcus and I became boyfriend and girlfriend, we spend nice times together. I was going to take a picture of Marcus in front of the charity shop that he bought McBain from a while ago, because it has closed down :'( but there were men inside.
Yesterday was the best weather we have had all year, it was really pretty to be out and about it, but I was in a bad mood and unsociable all day. Sorry.


Today we have an 'off day' but I still must go in and 'help out' at open evening. How tedious. This must be the down side of having only 4 people in your class.

No comments: