Thursday, December 11, 2008

Blue Skies smilin' on me,

Nothin' but blue skies do I see.

Wednesday was the clothes show. It was great because right at the beginning we asked about 4 people where we go to pick up our press passes and three of them directed us the wrong way :|. So in the press suite the nice woman asked us if we were media, but we were photographers and needed photographer passes to get us in 'the pit'. We hung around there for a while and clipped our passes to our skirts, shirts and dresses :).
I bought a dress, but I did that thing again where I picked up the wrong size, so...amendments will have to be made if I want to wear it at my expressing-amusement-and-merriment-evening. It's really pretty though :) It is a pretty baby pink with a grey bit at the top which has funny flaps. I would suggest people 'ruffle my feathery flaps' but it's where my boobies are :(.
The woman had suggested we go back to the suite before we went into the show so we can all go down as a big working-for-newspaper group and get in through special side doors after flashing our passes at the security!

When we were sat down, resting our sorry bones a woman came over and handed me a badge that read 'I've been scouted!'. She suggested we go to her stall and see what it's all about. It was a beauty pageant :|
Kathryn Heatley, Miss Teen UK.
It certainly doesn't suit. I'm not expecting any calls soon, so we're on safe grounds m8.

It was my brother's birthday on Wednesday also. Pete's big 2-0. The electricity had gone out early that morning (Which meant I got ready IN THE DARK)...it was off ALL day and meant that Pete had to go elsewhere if he wanted to enjoy what was left of hos day :( So he went to Pip's. I was really sad I didn't get to chat with him. I text him during the day to say Happy Birthday and throw yourself down the stairs. He replied saying he's going to strangle me with the belt I bought him. (L) I love my brother.
He's wearing the belt right now ;) he loves it man.

I haven't checked the pictures yet, I imagine there will be some keepers and some 'OMG NO LAD' ones. I will show when I have done a bit to them.
When I was down in 'the pit' taking photographs, many half-naked men threw themselves off the stage and one actually almost hit me. They were so incredibly ripped that if one was to hit me, I would have been totally squashed :(. Dangerous life this photographer business! I didn't like the bodies-on-show, I was embarrassed to take a photograph. The models were brilliant though, looking right at the camera and stopping to wait for the flash. I felt like their friend.

Tomorrow night is the Christmas tree ball. I imagine the place will be filled with hard-faced chumps.
I'm pretty sure I hate everything about my life.



No comments: