Monday, December 29, 2008

Vol. 4


Today was better than any Christmas day I have ever had.

Marcus Barnett and I went to Manchester primarily to go to see the Black Panther exhibition we have been meaning to go and see for a while. It was lovely and I learnt alot, which isn't usual. It was a nicely moving exhibition and gives me a better idea of how to screen print effectively too! Although the woman who was interviewing Emory Douglas was insanely blank and not genuine looking in any way. She was also a black woman, so you'd expect her to have more of a passionate input considering the context. She was horrific

We also went to a nice Pizza place that Anne Barnett has been going to for 40 years. It was a delight because we got to sit right next to the window where they made food. It was delightful/awkward. I tried to take a picture of our pizzas being freshly prepared ;) but the cook stuck his THUMBS UP!!!! right in the frame. I bet one of them has been covered up. He was a character though.

I got photographs of Marcus Barnett in various places for the series I am going to call either 'Vol. 4' or 'Marcus Barnett in Various Places' it's a tough one. There were...
Marcus Barnett in..
  • Pizza Place
  • waterstones
  • record shop (although I don't remember this one)
  • music shop
  • old place near music shop
  • streets
  • train station
  • corner house
  • various other places.
I imagine it will be a rather lovely set of prints for me to put into a book and give Anne and Steve at his funeral. I'm also going to kill him by the way.

We also discussed names for our Attitude Antlers songs and I can tell you, they're corkers! They're currently in my 'saved messages' and were sent several times to each other over the table. On the subject of our new enterprise, we acquired a ukulele. A spongebob ukulele. It's yellow and has a yellow plectrum too, (I imagine they threw that part in for free). Marcus played it to me for a while when we were stood next to two geese who later flew off to kill a man.

The rest of the day was spent just hanging around really. It was nice. URBAN EXPLORATION!!!!!

I got home to find a letter from the horrible Miss Teen UK people asking me to send in some details after the application form at the clothes show. Mum really wants me to do it, but I don't think it's my scene, nor am I willing to embarrass myself in this way. It makes me feel horrible.

I will post the pictures when I get them developed, hopefully tomorrow.



1 comment:

Kathy said...

vol 4 vol 4 vol 4
I always forget to comment but all of your blogs are great Kathryn!
I love the new photograph at the top as well <3